Monday, January 23, 2012

A little Magazine Inspiration~Copycat Challenge

Debbie over at Debbie~doos is having a link party.  The assignment...a magazine copycat challenge! The idea, i'm sure you've figured out, is to copy something you've seen out of a magazine, blog about it, then we all "link up" over at Debbie's place and share! I like theme link parties because it challenges me to stretch my creativity! 

However, I did have all of these grand ideas of DIYing this or crafting that and just never got around to it.  Life happens!  So as i was browsing the other projects my fellow bloggers had submitted i remembered way back at the beginning of last year i had seen this in a Pottery Barn Catalog!


Yes, i still have the catalog this was pre-pinterest for me!
Do you see that plant on the side table there, with the dish and the cloche?  It's just the silliest little idea, they don't even sell the stuff in their catalog, but i really loved it!  So here is my version! The plant and cloche i already had.  While i was out pickin' one day i saw the metal dish, with the metal base (even better) and picked it up for about $5! 


Not exactly the same, but i love it!

This just goes to show you, that you can find inspiration anywhere and it doesn't have to be huge.  You can take the smallest elements out of a catalog or magazine and put them to work in your home!  Most of us would love to have a house that looked like it popped out of the pages of our favorite magazine, but then again, most of us have to start small!  Little things like this are a great place to start!

So i urge you, and encourage you, to keep saving those magazine pages, reading my blogs and pin away!  Find the things you love and that inspire you! 

Linking this to


Keep Looking Up~~Stacey

11 comments:

  1. That's a good one Stacey! Maybe I will finally go buy a cloche and copycat you (I must be the only person in blogland who doesn't have one). Thanks for coming by to see me, and for your nice message :))
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version has so much more character. Pin! I am more than happy to follow you back. Thanks for the wonderful compliment on our tripod lamp. We (usually) have fun with our projects! Looking forward to seeing more from you too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fabulous! It's all about putting your own fun twist on it, and using what you have. You done good girl. Thanks for joining with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like yours better :).
    New follower,
    Eilis
    my-heart-lives-here.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like it a lot. A cloche makes anything look great and what you added to it is special.
    Blessings.Audrey Z at Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on this! I never even knew what a cloche was until I started blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually like yours better, great job! I am your newest follower, come take a look at Curb Alert! would love for you to follow along as well :)
    http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/
    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute copy! I'm passing on the Liebster award to you. You can read about it here:
    http://rustyandredone.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love the metal base and bowl on your version. I like how the bird and nest round out your vignette, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your copy cat of PB, I have two cloches and never heard of them until blogging either:) I'm also your newest follower and on Pinterest too, stop by when you get a chance!

    Rondell♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable - I never know what to put under a cloche !
    Looking forward to seeing your 'Impossibilities Challenge' as well !!!

    ReplyDelete